Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rise and Shine


Breakfast, the first meal of the day - arguably the most important meal of the day.
It also happens to be my favourite!

I don't know about you, but if I were to skip breakfast my day would probably go no where.
A warm bowl of oatmeal, a crunchy bowl of cereal, a breakfast bake (a la Ashley), pancakes - you name it. 
Breakfast wakes me up and gives me the energy to go on with my day. 
 
Emma Dumas from The Muesli wanted to create a quality breakfast that is nutritionally balanced and tastes great.
The Muesli is 97% sugar free and filled with healthy fats


It's made up of - 
27% Raw Nuts (Almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, walnuts and brazil nuts) 
23% Seeds (Pumpkin, sunflower, linseed and sesame seeds)
36% Rolled Oats
14% Shredded Coconut 

It can be made bircher style by soaking overnight, sprinkled on top of yogurt, eaten straight up or however you fancy!
The Muesli would be good for someone watching their sugar intake, however, for someone like me who is all about balance - I felt like it needed an extra flavour boost.

By adding fresh or dried fruit to "The Muesli" I had a perfectly balanced breakfast that was full of flavour.
You can order some for yourself online or at a number of stockists.

So tell me - 
what's your go to breakfast?

I have a different breakfast every day, flavour wise - but they tend to be based around oatmeal, overnight oats, cereal or muesli with breakfast bakes and pancakes showing up when I have more time for a leisurely breakfast!
Kristy received The Muesli courtesy of www.themuesli.com.au
If you'd like a review of your products, send an email to ksayerphotography@gmail.com












10 comments:

  1. I used to enjoy cereals more when younger and had more of a sweet-tooth (not that this one is laden with sugar or anything), but these days I prefer a savoury start to the day - usually toast topped with egg, avocado, ricotta or ham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the opposite from you! I went from savoury breakfasts, to more sweeter breakfasts. Though sweet by my taste buds usually isn't sweet at all for other people :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't really wake up properly without a filling breakfast :) My go to breakfast would be instant noodles....haha :D I'm not a healthy person :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't often eat breakfast but I do love muesli late at night. Is that strange? :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat muesli for dessert sometimes, so for me that's not weird at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a hot bowl of oats with nuts/ maple sugar and some raisons!!! MMmh! Oh wait with milk and I like it when its nice and thick and gooey!!! lol!!My brothers think I'm gross for eating it, but I love it!!
    Have an amazing weekend girl :)
    hugs
    Manni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! Your breakfast sounds delicious! I always make my oats super thick, I can't stand when they're soupy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go-to breakfast is always oats- keeps me going for HOURS!
    & the best part is- it never gets dull! I can always top it with something a different, flavoursome combo: Pears & cinnamon, Bananas w/ chopped dates or raisins w/ flaked almonds, Peaches w/ apricot jam... I could go on & on & on & on... but I won't bore you!

    In short... I will never tire of the humble oat... I hope, haha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loveee oats, you're right - they never get dull. There's so many different topping combinations that you can use, I'm always experimenting with new flavours and toppings.

    ReplyDelete