Wednesday, April 28, 2010

081.


You have to know the post is going to be good when it starts with a picture like this.


Yesterday morning I was sitting at my desk, minding my own business when a package arrived on my desk,
This inconspicuous looking package was addressed to me.
So, like a child at Christmas, I ripped and tore at the plastic until I revealed another inconspicuous looking package - This time a white styrofoam box. (Pass the parcel, anyone?)
I then took to the box with scissors, tearing away at the sticky tape to reveal... (dun dun dun) another box!
This box was wrapped in plastic, and set atop of ice packs.
Ice packs are a good sign - They mean two things: One, the package involves some edible product and Two, it needs refrigeration.
So I tore back the plastic to find a pretty brown and white striped box with a brown satin ribbon tied ontop.


Not wanting to wreck the perfectly tied ribbon, I carefully pushed it back so that I could open the box.
The smell coming from the box was amazing and then I saw...

Classic Belgian Chocolate Brownie

Now they are the kind of words I like to hear.
I carefully unwrapped the tissue paper in the box to find,
not one... not two... but sixteen little squares of delicious brownie goodness.


One of those brownies was even wrapped,
This definitely got the "awwh" factor.
And the chocolate from the brownies immediately filled the room,
getting harmonised "mmmmm's" all around.

The only problem was...
Being the good little food blogger I am,
I had to repackage the brownies so that I could take photos of them before they disappeared.
(This is an extremely good motivator, you have no idea how much faster work gets done when you know there's brownies waiting for you in the fridge)

After the photos were taken, I gathered my taste testers and took a bite of the brownie.
The first thing I noticed was how soft they were. I was a bit worried when I first saw them because I thought they might be a bit too hard for my liking. But these brownies literally melted in your mouth (or mine, really)
They also had deliciously crispy tops that were just what was needed. Then the flavour hit me.. boy oh boy did it hit me.
These brownies are INCREDIBLE! And no, I'm not getting paid to say this.
They're deliciously decadent but not too rich that they'd make you feel sick like some other brownies. I'm usually a chewy brownie kinda girl - But I loved the fudginess of these. Chilling them was exactly what they needed.

They were so good, I found myself reaching for a second in no time at all. I was as happy as a pig in mud and my taste testers agreed. These were the best brownies we had ever tasted.

I was so impressed that I hurried off to my computer to email Deb, the founder of Dello Mano, to commend her on such an amazing product. I then hurriedly went through the photos so I could get this post to you ASAP. Usually, I have a system, where its first in first reviewed - But I was so beyond impressed with these brownies that they went straight to the top of the list.

I'd really suggest that if you want someone to love you, you buy them a box of these brownies. I guarantee it'll work - every time. They'd also be a fabulous mother's day present and Dello Mano have some great Mother's Day gift ideas - Including a Dello Mano Amore Mother's Day Gift that comes with a bottle of Moet Chandon Champagne that I know my mum would adore.

Their brownies also come in other flavours, like:

And they even have Gluten Free versions available.

Best of all, Dello Mano deliver Australia Wide!
Which means you can have these delicious brownies regardless of whether you live in Tasmania or Western Australia.

These brownies are so incredible that they could probably tempt me into moving to Brisbane,
They get a 1, 000, 000 / 10 and that doesn't even come close to conveying how fantastic they are.

Thank you Deb, from Dello Mano for sending me your delicious brownies - They are amazing.
If you'd like a review of your products - Send an email to ksayerphotography@gmail.com
So tell me,
is there a product you've tried that has blown your mind?

12 comments:

  1. Kristy you are spot on!concerning taste and texture of brownies it's exactly how I like them! great post and I must congratulate you on patience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh. These look delicious!!!!! How have you managed to get people to send you all these lovely goodies?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natural Selection - Thankyou!
    PhotoPuddle - They were delicious! I've got social media and "viral" marketing to thank - So many businesses are looking at new avenues of marketing and I'm lucky enough to be involved :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!! I wish somebody would send me stuff like that as well... Great post and great photos! I LOVED the last one the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I loved the little wrapped brownie :P So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh these look great Kristy. I love how one of the brownies are wrapped up; simple touches like these make the most gorgeous things even more speical. You are one lucky girl! I wish I could get some surprise delivered to me seeing as I'll be trapped under my thesis work for a month! ARGH :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought exactly the same thing, it made it even more special.
    Eeep thesis work :( I'm currently in the middle of my HSC, but am thankfully finding that it's a lot easier than everyone makes it out to be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. HSC is a walk in the park in comparison to the things you'll have to deal with later on in life. Although after saying that it doesn't mean you can slack off; I remember people stressing out so much and think "Why the stress? There's no need for it.".
    All the best, it will be over soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou! Good luck with all of your work too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Phuoc'n Delicious - love to share some Brownies with you as my treat. Took a look at your website- very inspiring - can see why you read Kristy's. Contact me and I'll be happy to send you some Dello Mano Brownie that I promise will provide recovery from all of the thesis work! deb

    ReplyDelete