Thursday, May 19, 2011

Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies


I think it's safe to say I'll take any excuse that comes my way to bake.

What, someone's coming over? Oh hold on - let me whip up a cake!
Dinner party? Oh what flavour cupcakes do you want?
New job? Let's celebrate!
What? You've never had red velvet cake? Let me change that!
Chocolate or Vanilla?
Cravings? Give me 20 minutes!
These cookies were made specifically with my Mum in mind!
She's always been a fan of the chocolate/nut combination - so why not turn it into a cookie?

These cookies are the ultimate cookie for a peanut fiend.
Peanut butter cookie filled with chunks of peanutty snickers? Why of course!


Peanut Butter Snickers Cookies Pin It
makes 24 large cookies

125g Butter, chopped
1C Peanut Butter  
(smooth or crunchy works - it's up to you!)
3/4C Granulated Sugar
1/2C Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tbsp Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 1/4C Plain Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
(the salt depends on whether you use salted/unsalted PB as well as your salty/sweet preference)
2-3 Chopped Full Size Snickers Bars 
(or more, or less - depending on how many chunks you want!)

Preheat oven to 180*C (350*F)
In a mixer, cream butter and peanut butter until fluffy. Add sugars and beat until smooth.
Add the egg, milk and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and beat until the flour mixes through completely and a dough forms. 
Stir in chopped snickers bits until evenly incorporated.

Form dough into balls (about a heaping tbsp per ball) and place onto a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
(Don't worry about flattening them! Leaving them in a ball makes a thicker cookie as they spread themselves)
Bake for 10 - 15 minutes - depending on your cookie preference.

For a soft cookie:  
Bake for 10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are slightly brown - they will firm up once cooled! 
For a crunchy cookie:
Bake for ~15 minutes or until cookies are more golden brown on the edges.

Leave cookies to cool completely before trying to move them around.
Store at room temperature in an airtight container 
(if they get to make it to the container, that is)


I think you could definitely use other candy bars in this recipe, 
even switching the peanut butter for almond/walnut/cashew butter to match!

I can't tell you how long they'll last in a container, however, because mine were eaten IN A FLASH and proclaimed as the "best cookies you (I) have ever made"
Repeat batches have already been requested - good sign, no?

If you're a reaaaaal chocolate fiend you could also add a handful (or several) of chocolate chips for that extra chocolate hit!

So tell me,
How do you like your cookies?
Soft or crunchy? 




8 comments:

  1. YUUUUUM! Love incorporating chocolate bars into cookies and I really think cookies are best with "bits" in them. Just don't try M&Ms - their colour kind of runs everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.. sounds and looks delicious! I love crumbling cookies over my icecream, and with this I guess it would be a bonus to have chocolate in your cookies in your icecream! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rita - I agree with the M&M's, the secret seems to be adding them at the VERY LAST MINUTE. I actually find adding them after you've separated the dough into portions works best!

    Shinydewdrop - Cookies and ice cream are a match made in heaven! That would be an all in one sundae! Chocolate, cookie and ice cream! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft cookies for me :) Also I discovered if you bake with applesauce rather than butter (which I'm not a fan of in the first place), they always turn out softer. Anyway, my favorite cookies are called monster cookies. They have oatmeal, chocolate chips, M&Ms, raisins, and pretzel pieces... basically my entire pantry rolled into cookie dough.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your monster cookies sound like a bunch of fun! I've always found using all applesauce in cookies can tend to make them a little cake-like - but for some cookies that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft cookies for me! Love adding chocolate bars into my cookies so I'll have to give Snickers a go, I love it! These look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YUM THESE COOKIES LOK GR8! I LOVE SOFT CHEWY COOKIES :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phuoc - These cookies have become my family's favourite, so much so that they've requested them every week since :P I think I've made about 7 batches.

    Betty - They are really good!

    ReplyDelete